Swanson-like Synopsis from 1897

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2011
      I found the following book on books.google:

      Karl Veit

      "Die synoptischen Parallelen und ein alter Versuch ihrer
      Entraetselung mit neuer Begruendung."

      Guetersloh, 1897

      It presents the Greek synoptic material in a horizontal line
      Synopsis, like it is done in Reuben Swanson's books.

      In the second part he is discussing the sources of the
      synoptic Gospels as not being written, but oral sources like
      the Rabbinic oral law.

      I have uploaded the book here:

      http://www.archive.org/details/KarlVeitDieSynoptischenParall
      elen1897

      And if you are interested in really great German prose, read

      Hans von Schubert

      "Die Composition des pseudopetrinischen
      Evangelien-fragments"

      on the Gospel of Peter, 1893

      Great stuff!

      http://www.archive.org/details/diecompositiond00schugoog

      Btw. he notes the possible allusion to the Mk 16:10 in
      G.Peter 7:27 "mourning and weeping".

      Best wishes

      Wieland

      <><