William Wrede Messiasgeheimnis

  • Wieland Willker
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2011
      I have found that Wrede's book is now online at archive.org:

      William Wrede "Das Messiasgeheimnis in den Evangelien" 1901:
      http://www.archive.org/details/dasmessiasgeheim00wred

      It's the original German edition.
      A seminal work.

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      --------------------------
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie
      Textcritical commentary:
      http://www-user.uni-bremen.de/~wie/TCG/
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2011
        To: Synoptic
        On: Wrede
        From: Bruce

        Thanks much for this link, and for the news that Wrede, to me an important
        figure, is visible in this way. A scholar is a person whose work becomes
        available posthumously, after the copyrights expire. This is an ironic
        situation that needs work.

        Meanwhile, does anyone know of a posthumous memoir, or a journal obituary,
        or anyplace else I could obtain a photo of Wrede? I have been looking for
        years without success.

        Other NT notables whose pictures I could use (and thanks in advance for any
        suggestions) are Ernst Lohmeyer and Philipp Vielhauer, not to mention, on
        the British side, John Hawkins, B H Streeter, P N Harrison, and Leslie
        Mitton. Surely these exist, but seemingly not within the range of my amateur
        searches.

      • Rick Hubbard
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2011
          Hi Bruce-

          Go here: http://www.motorera.com/theology/tdicw.htm

          Scroll down to bottom of page.

          Rick

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2011
            To: Synoptic
            On: Wrede
            From: Bruce

            Thanks to Mark, Barbara, and Rick, for their prompt, alert, and helpful
            online references. That is just what I needed. (Did I expect Wrede to look
            like that? More or less; at least it didn't change my impression of him:
            dark, contentious, and brilliant).

            I note with regret that the source supplied by Barbara and Rick doesn't fill
            in any of my other gaps, so if anyone has a lead on Lohmeyer, Vielhauer,
            Hawkins, Streeter, Mitton, or Harrison, I am still open.

            With gratitude,