: [offlist] Re - Proof that Luke came before Marcion?

    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 28, 2010
      Neither Marshall nor Fitzmyer seem to go into
      early use of Luke by others. J.M.Creed
      long ago (1930) did do this, see his preface
      xxii-xxxii, but I am not at all sure
      that it will answer your question very
      exactly.

      Not sure that I would have a list of
      bits of Lk that are not in Marcion anyway,
      and early citations of the Synoptics
      tend to be few, far between, and often
      inexact. But I am sure someone should have
      done a fuller study of all the early citations
      of Luke - think I have seen something like
      that for Matthew, but don't have the details
      to hand.