Re: [XTalk] Vernon Robbins's new We-Passages response essay

  • Mark Goodacre
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 7, 2010
      On 7 August 2010 15:05, David B. Gowler <dgowler@...> wrote:

      > Several years ago, Crosstalk had an extensive discussion of the We-Passages in
      > Acts in general and Vernon Robbins's famous "By Land and By Sea" 1978 essay in
      > particular. Robbins even joined us for those discussions, as I recall.

      Thanks so much for letting us know about the new essay, David. I
      remember that discussion as being an excellent one so I took the
      liberty of checking the archives and it looks like Vernon Robbins
      himself started it with a "We Passage Challenge" on 11 February 2003:

      The thread at the bottom of that message then takes you through the
      initial responses.

      See also:

      Vernon Robbins on the We Passages as Sea Voyages
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/crosstalk2/message/12694

      Response to Robbins (Part 1)

      Response to Robbins (Part 2)

      Those will lead you to the threads and related posts and so on. Well,
      you will get the idea.

      Best wishes
      Mark
      --