the little tradition in Galilee

  • jgibson000@comcast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2010
      With apologies for cross posting.

      Can anyone tell me what the substance of the claim is -- made, so I'm
      told (and am just now beginning to investigate), in recent studies on
      Galilee -- that with respect to the story and the hope of Israel
      Galileans maintained a "little tradition" alongside (or in contrast
      with) a "greater tradition" espoused by Judeans?

      What is this little tradition? What are its sources?

      And what, if anything, are scholars who are speaking of the Galilean
      "little tradition" saying with respect to how it might have shaped
      Jesus' views of the hope of Israel and how the people of God should show
      faithfulness to their God?

      Jeffrey

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)