List Adminstration Issues for Synoptic-L

  • Stephen C.
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2010
      Dear list,

      It appears that Yahoo Groups has tightened their criteria
      for detecting possible spam, and some of you may have noticed
      that your messages have been caught as spam and delayed until
      I have been able to clear them out of the spam queue. I have
      been checking it several times a day, but there are times I
      am without web access and so some messages seem to languish
      for a while until they are approved as not being "spam."

      Based on an examination of which messages from Synoptic-L
      members seem to get identified as spam, it appears that the
      main culprit is the practice, automated by some mailers,
      esp. AOL and MS Outlook, of appending a full copy of the
      message you are replying to. I therefore urge all of
      you to carefully trim your messages to the list. There is
      no need to include a full copy of a previous post. People
      who need to read it can always follow the link to the
      Synoptic-L web site archives. Furthermore, those who
      receive the digest often find it frustrating when the
      the digest includes multiple copies of a message in various
      posts because those replying have included a full copy of
      it.

      Stephen Carlson