Re: [Synoptic-L] OT texts for Introductory NT classes

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 23, 2010
      Dr. Ian E. Rock wrote:
      > We compare and contrast Raymond Brown An Introduction to the New Testament and David DeSilva, An Introduction to the New Testament:
      > Contexts, Methods and Ministry Formation but our purpose is training for sacred ministry and we do follow on with a thematic approach at higher levels.
      > Ian

      My class will consist of community college students who have little to
      no previous background in NT studies.

      Jeffrey

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 24, 2010
        Jeffrey,

        Luke Timothy Johnson's The New Testament: A Very Short Introduction in the Oxford VSI series is supposed to come out soon (Amazon had a February 10 release date). It's brief (160 pp) and cheap (11.95 at full price) but might not be dumbed down so much as to be useless. We use Sanders' book on Paul in the same series in the introductory Paul course. You might want to take a look at it.

        Best wishes,

        Ken

        Ken Olson, ABD, NT, Duke University

        My class will consist of community college students who have little to

        no previous background in NT studies.

        Jeffrey

        Recent Activity:

        New Members
        2

        Visit Your Group
        Start a New Topic

        Synoptic-L homepage: http://NTGateway.com/synoptic-l

        Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest � Unsubscribe � Terms of Use

        .