13th Annual E-Lister's Meeting at SBL

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 14, 2009
      This is the second notice of the 13th annual E-Lister's that will take
      place at SBL on Saturday, Nov. 21st at 11:30 a.m. the Eisenbrauns
      Press booth (# 704) in the the New Orleans Marriott Exhibit Hall.

      As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
      opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
      electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

      As I've done in the past 12 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
      get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
      this year's SBL.

      I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a
      paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what
      SBL group or section and under what title).

      So if you haven't done so already, please write to me OFF LIST at
      jgibson000@... and let me know the following:

      (a) if you will be attending;

      (b) if and when and under what aegis (i.e., SBL Section and Session #)
      you are presenting a paper,

      (c) your paper title, AND

      (d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

      I'll publish a list of E-Lister's attendees on Nov. 20th.

      Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000@...) and /please use a
      header that says something like "SBL e-listers' meeting"/.

      May I ask that if you are letting me know that you are giving a paper,
      that you adhere as closely as possible to the SBL Program Book
      Format when you do so. That is to say, I'd be grateful if you'd compose
      your information according to this formula:

      Name and Institution
      Section #
      Title of Section
      Date
      Time
      Room
      Paper title

      For example:

      Stephen C. Carlson, Duke University
      SBL 24-112
      Function of Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphal Writings in Early Judaism and
      Early Christianity Section
      Tuesday, 11/24
      11/24/2009
      9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
      Room: Bayside A - SH
      Origen's Use of the Gospel of Thomas

      Looking forward to seeing you in New Orleans!

      Yours,

      Jeffrey

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

    • Jeffrey B. Gibson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 20, 2009
        For those who have not yet left for SBL:

        This is the third and final notice of the 13th annual E-Lister's that
        will take place at SBL on Saturday, Nov. 21st at 11:30 a.m. at the
        Eisenbrauns Press booth (# 704) in the the New Orleans Marriott
        Exhibit Hall.

        As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
        opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
        electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

        So put this in your diaries/datebooks/planners and come along!