13th Annual E-Lister's Meeting at SBL

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2009
      Of course when I said:

      > I begin to arrange the now traditional (13th annual!)
      > gathering of all those NT and Biblical and Biblically related e-list
      > members (i.e. XTalkers, B-Greeks, and members of Corpus Paulinum,
      > John-Lit, Kata Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L,
      > Aramaic, ANE-2, etc. ) who will be going to *Boston* for the SBL conference.

      I meant I begin to arrange the now traditional (13th annual!)
      gathering of all those NT and Biblical and Biblically related e-list
      members (i.e. XTalkers, B-Greeks, and members of Corpus Paulinum,
      John-Lit, Kata Markon, Biblical Studies, T-C List, Ioudaios, Synoptic-L,
      Aramaic, ANE-2, etc. ) who will be going to *New Orleans* for the SBL
      conference.

      Just more proof that everyone needs a proof reader!

      Jeffrey

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

    • Jeffrey B. Gibson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 14, 2009
        This is the second notice of the 13th annual E-Lister's that will take
        place at SBL on Saturday, Nov. 21st at 11:30 a.m. the Eisenbrauns
        Press booth (# 704) in the the New Orleans Marriott Exhibit Hall.

        As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
        opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
        electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

        As I've done in the past 12 years in arranging this meeting, I'd like to
        get an advance head count of those of you who are intending to attend
        this year's SBL.

        I'd also like to know who among the intended attendees is presenting a
        paper during the conference (and at what time and place and within what
        SBL group or section and under what title).

        So if you haven't done so already, please write to me OFF LIST at
        jgibson000@... and let me know the following:

        (a) if you will be attending;

        (b) if and when and under what aegis (i.e., SBL Section and Session #)
        you are presenting a paper,

        (c) your paper title, AND

        (d) what you consider to be your "home" E-List.

        I'll publish a list of E-Lister's attendees on Nov. 20th.

        Again, write to me OFF LIST (jgibson000@...) and /please use a
        header that says something like "SBL e-listers' meeting"/.

        May I ask that if you are letting me know that you are giving a paper,
        that you adhere as closely as possible to the SBL Program Book
        Format when you do so. That is to say, I'd be grateful if you'd compose
        your information according to this formula:

        Name and Institution
        Section #
        Title of Section
        Date
        Time
        Room
        Paper title

        For example:

        Stephen C. Carlson, Duke University
        SBL 24-112
        Function of Apocryphal and Pseudepigraphal Writings in Early Judaism and
        Early Christianity Section
        Tuesday, 11/24
        11/24/2009
        9:00 AM to 11:30 AM
        Room: Bayside A - SH
        Origen's Use of the Gospel of Thomas

        Looking forward to seeing you in New Orleans!

        Yours,

        Jeffrey

        --
        Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
        1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

      • Jeffrey B. Gibson
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 20, 2009
          For those who have not yet left for SBL:

          This is the third and final notice of the 13th annual E-Lister's that
          will take place at SBL on Saturday, Nov. 21st at 11:30 a.m. at the
          Eisenbrauns Press booth (# 704) in the the New Orleans Marriott
          Exhibit Hall.

          As attendees of previous meetings know, this gathering is a great
          opportunity to place a face to an one hitherto known only as an
          electronic personality and/or to renew acquaintances made at previous SBLs.

          So put this in your diaries/datebooks/planners and come along!