Re: [Synoptic-L] What is the early evidence for Luke chapters 1-3?

  • Emmanuel Fritsch
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 21, 2009
      > 2. More generally, can we give a terminus ante quem for
      > anything in Lk?

      A well known argument on gospels datation is : since there is a
      prediction of Jerusalem fall, the stuff was writen after the fall. But I
      liked also the reverted argument : Is the description of Jerusalem fall
      fitting the real one ? If not, then the stuff is prior to the fall.

      Who buy it ?

      > Are any of the John parallels helpful,
      > that is, do they include wording which,
      > among the Synoptics, could have come only
      > from Lk? Yes, but not many.
      > [..]
      > 2a. - 2b. - 2c. - 2d. - 2e. - 2f.

      If I well remember, Boismard listed many other John-Luke connections,
      using previous older references. See his proto-Luke.

      > 3. All in all, I would say that there is a case that Jn
      > knew Lk, and was a little more comfortable in Lk's company
      > when nobody else (Mk, Mt) was around, but was shy to the
      > point of contrary elsewhere.

      Or Luke and John shared a common source.

      a+
      manu