RE: [Synoptic-L] What is the early evidence for Luke chapters 1-3?

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 19, 2009
      As well as Justin Apol. 34, J.M.Creed cites Dial. 78, 88,
      100, 103, 105 and 106 in a footnote to the dating section
      in the intro to his commentary on Luke, where he lists
      passages from Luke 1-3 (and from later) as used by Justin.

      Quite a bit later, of course, we have p75 and p4
      see NA 27 pp 684 & 688, both have bits of Luke 1-3.

    • Emmanuel Fritsch
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 21, 2009
        > 2. More generally, can we give a terminus ante quem for
        > anything in Lk?

        A well known argument on gospels datation is : since there is a
        prediction of Jerusalem fall, the stuff was writen after the fall. But I
        liked also the reverted argument : Is the description of Jerusalem fall
        fitting the real one ? If not, then the stuff is prior to the fall.

        Who buy it ?

        > Are any of the John parallels helpful,
        > that is, do they include wording which,
        > among the Synoptics, could have come only
        > from Lk? Yes, but not many.
        > [..]
        > 2a. - 2b. - 2c. - 2d. - 2e. - 2f.

        If I well remember, Boismard listed many other John-Luke connections,
        using previous older references. See his proto-Luke.

        > 3. All in all, I would say that there is a case that Jn
        > knew Lk, and was a little more comfortable in Lk's company
        > when nobody else (Mk, Mt) was around, but was shy to the
        > point of contrary elsewhere.

        Or Luke and John shared a common source.

        a+
        manu