Re: [Synoptic-L] Matthew in Marcion?

  • Dennis Dean Carpenter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10, 2009
      I noticed that too, Dave. One can only realize that the second century was one of very fluid texts and even more divergent ways to interpret what each sect had. Certainly, Tertullian and Marcion had non-matching texts of Galatians, too. Given that, doesn't it seem a bit problematic to try to identify "layers" of texts, especially attempting to relate them to the first century? Shards of Aramaic are not evidence. On every one of my coins, I have this curious "E pluribus unum," which of course would suggest (after the USA has run its course) a layer of "ancient Roman Latin speakers" in America. They probably, according to the language experts, set up the earliest colonies.

      Dennis Dean Carpenter
      Dahlonega, Ga.