Re: Layers in Luke and Thomas

  • Dave Gentile
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 19, 2009
      After 17:10, my next best candidate is Luke 11:52. Note both Luke and Thomas have the word "knowledge", which is not from Matthew.

      My third best candidate is Luke 12:49-53. I think we can make a good case this depends on Thomas 10 and 16. It also seems intrusive in the flow of Luke's gospel.

      These are all sayings from the known Greek range of Thomas. (1-39)

      I also have a strong suspicion about Thomas 41, but I need to confirm it.

      (And thanks to an off-line source for bringing some possible candidates to my attention).

      Dave Gentile
      Riverside, IL