Re: [Synoptic-L] Luke 14:1-6 a summary

    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 16, 2009
      Bruce,

      Your mention of the Paul's "words of the Lord" passage got me thinking about the documents that are included or mentioned in the NT that are no longer extant outside of the NT.  Off the top of my head:
      2 additional letters to the Corinthians
      a letter to the Laodiceans
      a travel narrative in Acts (the "we: passages)
      a signs source for John
      a hymn text in Philippians
      a stand-alone copy of the post-script, Jn 21
      a stand-alone copy of the woman caught in adultery episode
      the "many accounts" referred to in Lk's prologue
      the "many other things Jesus did" which by John's choice "are not written here"

      Going outside the NT, we have most notoriously the logia Mt wrote in Aramaic.

      I'm sure there's more; again, this is off the top of my head.

      Bruce Brooks wrote:

      One source (properly so called) that is much less worked over, and thus
      offers some freshness in the warm season, is the one from which Paul seems
      to be citing his "words of the Lord." ....