Epistle of Jacob

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2009
      To: Synoptic
      On: Epistle of Jacob
      From: Bruce

      I noted with interest the following sentence in the RBL review of Susan
      Holman (ed): Wealth and Poverty in Early Church and Society (2008) by
      Preston M Sprinkle, received hours ago:

      "Steven Friesen, in the first chapter, studies various New Testament
      documents, such as James (which he calls the Letter of Jacob, to retain its
      Jewish flavor), Revelation, and Acts, along with the Shepherd of Hermas, to
      show the different views on wealth and poverty in the early church."

      Bingo. This puts Steven Friesen in 1st place in the David Noel Freedman
      sweepstakes, and myself prospectively only in 2nd. Is anyone's memory jogged
      in the direction of a further example? I don't mind being 3rd, or 33rd, all
      I mind is getting the number wrong.