Re: [Synoptic-L] Mark 1:40-45

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2005
      To: Synoptic
      On: Mk 1:40-45 Tempo
      From: Bruce

      I am grateful for Stephen's prompt response to my earlier query on Markan
      tempo, and have added it to my file of data. The problem with putting that
      response on-line is that other potential responders may be influenced in
      their own answers, or deterred from responding altogether (in the perception
      of at least this outsider, and exceptis excipiendis, NT people don't greatly
      like to disagree with each other). To help balance things out, I might say
      that the range of times so far received ranges from x to 4x, with nothing
      much in the middle. So much (I guess) for the concept of the standard
      deviation.

      I will know more with more reported readings, and I repeat that all reported
      times are welcome, and will serve the cause of science. As in a previous
      experiment of analogous kind (but in a different field), it is my intention,
      in any imaginable future publication, to acknowledge the help of individuals
      by name, but not to associate them with particular timings, thus at the same
      time preserving privacy at the point where it counts. All risks of
      interpretation will be borne, as is only right and proper, by yours
      sincerely,