Re: [Synoptic-L] Re: [GPG] OT Access

  • Horace Jeffery Hodges
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2009
      Bruce wrote: "Jeffery had mentioned (from memory) that Jn 13:18 (quoting Ps 12:9b) is
      closer to the Masoretic than to the Septuagint text."

      I wouldn't go quite that far, for I'm not certain that the Hebrew text was used. The fourth evangelist might have been using a different Greek translation.

      What does seem to have been going on was a link between the use of trogein in John 13:18 and the use of trogein in several verses in John 6:51-60.

      That 'fed into' my hermeneutic on food symbolism in John.

      Jeffery Hodges

      Ewha Womans University
      Seoul, South Korea

      Blog: http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/

      Doctoral Thesis: Food as Synecdoche in the Gospel of John and Gnostic Texts

      Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
      M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley

      Home Address:

      Gunyoung Apt. 102-204