Re: [Synoptic-L] lack of NT attestation to the LP

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2009
      To Mk 11.25 on forgiveness I assume
      we are taking it for granted that 14.38
      (on entering into peirasmos) should be added?
      And also 14.36 on the will of God
      - using the verb not the noun.
      As Mark also has much on the theme
      of the reign of God, the underlying components
      of much of the prayer surely can be found.
      The argument is presumably that the format of
      the whole is not there in Mark, not that
      we can't find some of the bits? MG's view
      seems tenable rather than persuasive.

      Should we isolate the issue of the absence
      of the LP as a formal composition in
      Mark & Paul from the
      much larger problem of Mark's limited presentation
      of sayings material, and Paul's very different
      theological orientation as a whole?

      -------