Re: [Synoptic-L] Theory Types

  • stephanie fisher
    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 5, 2009
      Yes I understand that but I don't recall any 'Farrer' theorist ever conceding "written sources", not counting pre Jesus Jewish scripture. They may not have ruled them out specifically but is that not just because they do not discuss them? Written sources are not necessary for their theories which do however concede oral sources. I did try asking Mark Goodacre on his blog once about sources but he never replied! ;-)

      I wouldn't have included Sanders in Mark without Q (or Farrer) - he's almost strayed into a chaotic hypothesis. Are there any boundaries... Gosh - even some two source theorists concede Lukan knowledge of Matthew but do not see this as making Q redundant.

      Stephanie Fisher
      Nottingham
      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 11, 2009