Re: [Synoptic-L] Theory Types

    Message 1 of 55 , Feb 5, 2009
      Bruce,

      Sorry to take one more stab at this, but I'm doing so because you never responded to this observation:

      Implicit in posts from you and Mark Matson, the Griesbach hypothesis or any other version of Markan non-priority is not possible.  You argued that it is obvious that Mark (1) was not written from sources and (2) is formatically different from Mt and Lk.

      Would you agree to the above statement and make the implicit explicit?

      Rev. Chuck  Jones
      Atlanta, Georiga
      __________________________________

      Bruce wrote:

      "...2SH is the dominant Synoptic theory of our time, and it is obvious that most of the
      listable alternatives, for which see conveniently Stephen Carlson's
      http://www.mindspri ng.com/~scarlson /synopt/, involve Markan nonpriority....

      "...Griesbach (2GH), or another Synoptic theory (Augustinian,
      Büsching, Jerusalem, Lindsey, de Wette, Marsh, Parker II, etc) ... makes
      Mark later than Matthew and/or Luke....

      "Stephen himself, on the page above cited, calls 2SH "dominant," and lists
      Griesbach (in America) and FGH (in England) as its main alternatives."

      Message 55 of 55 , Feb 11, 2009