Re: [Synoptic-L] citations and abreviations

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2005
      Richard Richmond wrote:

      > It seems apologies are in order. My memory is not as
      > acute as all those on the list apparently. I studied
      > with Dr James Charlesworth 2 years at Princeton myself
      > and I did not remember his abbrviations for the books
      > that Jeffrey cited, imagine that. Please forgive me.

      Not to beat a dead horse, or seem callous in the face of your apology,
      but the abbreviations Charlesworth used/uses are not "his".

      In any case, the question still remains of whether in the light of the
      texts I cited , your claim that the expression "with the wild beasts" is
      an interpolation that has no real thematic linkage with what Mark was
      saying in Mk 1:12-13, or with the language and imagery found therein,
      can be maintained.

      That, after all, is what is under discussion.

      JG
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.