The Logic of A, B and C

  • Richard Richmond
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 1:08 PM
      John C. Poirier wrote:

      That grammar school teacher (whether he’s the one
      named by E. A. Abbott or someone else) would be wrong.
      If A and C agree in order only where they also agree
      with B, then that does *not* prove (or make it easier
      to suppose) that they A and C depend upon B. It is as
      I stated in my previous post: A could be first, then
      B, and then C, in which case (if C doesn’t know A
      directly) C could only possibly agree with A where A
      and C both agree with B. Likewise, C could be first,
      then B, then A. Or yet again, B could be first, and
      used independently by A and C, and the same pattern of
      agreement would obtain. (If you don’t believe my
      logic, just work it out on paper.)

      Lets look at it closer.

      A= Matthew
      B= Mark
      C= Luke

      "If A and C agree in order only where they also agree
      with B, then that does not prove (or make it easier to
      suppose) that A and C depend upon B."

      This is logical but not the case in the Synoptics.
      Your initial premise is wrong. A and C do agree in
      order, in places where B is uninvolved. They also
      disagree in order where Mark is not involved therefore
      our dilemma is that A and C both follow the order of
      Mark where Mark IS involved indicating that when Mark
      is involved A and C are copying his order not to
      mention a large amount of his content.

      Matthew 11 20 27 Luke 10:13:22 would be an example
      of A and C sharing the same order.

      Rick Richmond rickr2889@...

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs