Re: [Synoptic-L] Mark's Informants

  • Karel Hanhart
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 19, 2008
      I second Dennis' position here. The expression "one of the twelve" is too emphatic in Mc 14 to deny the "fictinal"role of Iscariot in Mark's "grand scheme". This grand scheme was FORMALLY taken from the rhetoric of a Greek tragedy (so rightly Benoit Standaert), while IN CONTENT it is a (messianic ) hagada concerning Israel's passover. The cup (trublion) - a near hapax - is unmistably connected with all of Numb 7 and the legend of the twelve tribes contributing to the house of God.

      cordially

      Karel.