Jeffrey's citations on wildebeasts.

  • Richard Richmond
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2005
      Jeffrey wrote:

      In any event, I suggest that you read the texts of Ps.
      91, T.Iss. 7.7, T.Benj. 5:2, and T. Naph. 8.4 and
      then tell me whether your claim that the reference to
      being "with the wild beast" makes no apparent sense,
      especially in conjunction with the reference in Mk.
      1:13b to "angels" ministering to Jesus and in Mk.
      1:13a to the Satan.

      Jeffrey if you feel these references are cogent to the
      issue at hand please quote the text of the references.
      If we were to take a poll on this list of those who
      understand these references T.Iss. 7.7, T.Benj. 5:2,
      and T. Naph. most including myself, would not know to
      what you were refering? My entire argument is based on
      the text of Mark itself why would I want to look at
      SBL find out what Mark intended to say versus what the
      text at hand does actually say?

      I do not know what you mean by these citations yet
      that does not disqualify me or anyone else on the list
      from commenting on the text of Mark.

      Rick Richmond rickr2889@...

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs