Re: [Synoptic-L] the Synagogue as matrix of the LP

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 2008
      John Lupia wrote:
      > Jeffery
      >
      > I have no interest in this thesis since I neither see any fruit to be born of it nor see it contributing anything to be our better understanding about anything based upon the brief presentation you gave of your underlying assumptions.
      Once again you misread what I wrote. The assumptions that I noted are
      not MY assumptions. They belong to those (i.e, Jeremias and others)and
      others who say that the matrix of the LP is the liturgy of the
      synagogue, as you would surely know if you had any direct acquaintance
      with LP scholarship.
      > I was just pointing that out together with the implication of a merely human Jesus, who did not appear divine in what you wrote. But, if you have a point to make that is illuminating then make it in your paper, or if you wish to share it here then do it. I wish you the best success in all your endeavors.

      So you won't back up YOUR claim that Jesus intended the LP to be
      something that was to be addressed to him or that "The LP is
      compendious pulling together" into "a single concise prayer formula" of
      elements that can be found in "various preexisting" Jewish prayers by
      naming these pre existing prayers and showing that what's in the LP can
      be found in them?.

      Why is that?

      Jeffrey?

      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 2008
        > I have no interest in this thesis since I neither see any fruit to be born of it nor see it contributing anything to be our better understanding about anything based upon the brief presentation you gave of your underlying assumptions.

        Once again you misread what I wrote. The assumptions that I noted are

        not MY assumptions. They belong to those (i.e, Jeremias and others)and

        others who say that the matrix of the LP is the liturgy of the

        synagogue, as you would surely know if you had any direct acquaintance

        with LP scholarship.

        > I was just pointing that out together with the implication of a merely human Jesus, who did not appear divine in what you wrote. But, if you have a point to make that is illuminating then make it in your paper, or if you wish to share it here then do it. I wish you the best success in all your endeavors.

        So you won't back up YOUR claim that Jesus intended the LP to be

        something that was to be addressed to him or that "The LP is

        compendious pulling together" into "a single concise prayer formula" of

        elements that can be found in "various preexisting" Jewish prayers by

        naming these pre existing prayers and showing that what's in the LP can

        be found in them?.

        Why is that?

        JeffreyI simply don't care.

        -- John N. Lupia III