Re: [Synoptic-L] META and SUV thread response to J. Gibson

  • Jeffrey B. Gibson
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2005
      Richard Richmond wrote:

      > You are predictable Jeffrey.
      >
      > I could say that you obviously did not read any of my
      > posts regarding the copy protection scheme that kept
      > the text of Mark from being severely altered by the
      > opposing factions, ultimately leading to the
      > production of the other two Synoptics. However I do
      > believe you read them at some point and just moved on
      > to another credential agenda.

      I read them. But I didn't buy your argument or your conclusions.

      > Your references are not properly cited perhaps
      > intentionally, so you can say that someone one does
      > not know of them and did not read them. Which is in
      > and of itself, lacking scholarly form.

      Not properly cited? Lacking in scholarly form?

      I don't know how you can say this since I used the citation siglia for
      the texts that I wanted to know if you read that the SBL Guidelines for
      textual citations states is to be used when referring to these texts.
      And I don't know how one be more" proper" in citations or adhere more
      closely to scholarly form than that.

      So you'll forgive me when I wonder out loud whether what you write above
      is a dodge.

      > You simply attempt to tie his thought to your agenda
      > by citing other sources.

      I wonder if you'd be kind enough to tell me just what my reputed agenda
      is?

      JG
      --
      Jeffrey B. Gibson, D.Phil. (Oxon)
      1500 W. Pratt Blvd.

    • Stephen C. Carlson
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2005
        At 10:05 AM 8/3/2005 -0500, Jeffrey B. Gibson wrote:
        >Richard Richmond wrote:
        >> You simply attempt to tie his thought to your agenda
        >> by citing other sources.
        >
        >I wonder if you'd be kind enough to tell me just what my reputed agenda
        >is?

        All discussions of one's hidden agenda should be
        done OFF-LIST. This is a scholarly forum.

        Stephen Carlson

        --
        Stephen C. Carlson mailto:scarlson@...