The Yarbro Collins Reconstruction of PPN

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2008
      To: Synoptic
      Cc: GPG; Adela Yarbro Collins
      On: The Yarbro Collins Reconstruction of PPN
      From: Bruce

      Third time is the charm, maybe. There is now available at

      http://www.umass.edu/wsp/biblica/quest/index.html

      BOTH the unretouched original Yarbro Collins reconstruction of the
      Pre-Markan Passion Narrative, verbatim, as I hope and believe, from p819 of
      her 2007 Mark commentary (the author's caveat as to precise wording should
      be duly noted), AND my interlinear study version, which matches it against
      her translation of all of Mk 14-16, so as to see more clearly how the one
      fits into (or out of) the other.

      The original version is present, as such, to let the reconstruction make its
      best case to its new readers. Those who glance through it, as far as
      possible without consulting their memory or their Bible, may like to share
      with the rest of us their reaction; in particular, do they feel a narrative
      bump at any point? That is not the only test of the reconstruction, but it
      is useful as far as it goes, and it does address the question: Is there a
      prior document here, and if so, can it be convincingly recovered by excising
      later additions?

      I hope to be posting my own comments over the next couple of weeks. For now,
      here is the thing itself, for any comment it may inspire.