Re: [Synoptic-L] Re: Mark's Twelve

  • John Lupia
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8 7:55 AM
      --- Wieland Willker <willker@...-bremen.de>
      wrote:

      > Hey and Lk has 12, too!

      Actually Lk is the only Gospel that has
      uncontroversially 12 instances of dodeka. Unless, of
      course one argues to include Acts 26:7, then like Mt
      it equals 13. But who is to say what the code is?
      Perhaps, as in all cryptography, the code calls for
      adding one or subtracting one, or some other number.
      But if someone can work out a system that is
      consistent and has weight then it may have a
      possibility, if it can be shown that 1st century
      authors did this sort of thing with numbers. The
      syllogism codes od AEIO propositions is very ancient
      and would seem to me to be more logical.

      Best regards,
      John N. Lupia, III

      John N. Lupia, III
      Beachwood, New Jersey 08722 USA
      Fax: (732) 349-3910
      God Bless America

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • rickr2889
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 8 8:56 AM
        Unlike the text of Mark which is Pauline in content, no one had an
        interest in changing Luke's text, which represents one of the
        factions Mark warned against.

        Rick