Re: [Synoptic-L] Mark's Twelve

  • John Lupia
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 8, 2005
      --- E Bruce Brooks <brooks@...> wrote:

      The proposal to decipher the original text or to
      arrive at the original text as encrypted is very
      interesting. I have investigated this, not
      exhaustively, to find the Aristotelean
      computationallogic:
      All x are y:
      No x is y: A(x,y)
      E(x,y) Some x are y:
      Some x are not y: I(x,y)
      O(x,y)

      Using an incunabula in my library: P. Tartaretus,
      Expositio super summulae Petri Hispani (Paris: Andre
      Bocard, 1494) we see syllogisms written in code:
      Bamalip, Barbara, , Barbari, Baralipton, Baroco,
      Bocardo, Bramantip, Camenes, Camestres, Celantes,
      Celaront , Celarent, Cesare, Darapti, Darii,Datisi,
      Dimatis, Disamis, Fapesmo, Felapton, Ferio, Ferioque,
      Fesapo, Fresison, Festino, Frisesomorum, Quarta,
      Quartae, Tertia, etc.

      Now in Greek "Cesare" is "Kaisar". So instead of an
      EAE proposition it is an AIA proposition. Taking the
      verses where Cesare is cited in any Gospel one can
      begin to look for evidence of syllogisms encoded in
      the squares of the truth tables of logic.

      Most are familiar with logic square "Sator Arepo" :

      SATOR
      AREPO
      TENET
      OPERA
      ROTAS.

      The message is read up and down and across.

      Looking for syllogistic patterns in the squares of the
      truth tables of logic is very worthwhile.

      Best regards,
      John N. Lupia, III

      John N. Lupia, III
      Beachwood, New Jersey 08722 USA
      Fax: (732) 349-3910
      God Bless America

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • John Lupia
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 8, 2005
        --- Wieland Willker <willker@...-bremen.de>
        wrote:

        > Hey and Lk has 12, too!

        Actually Lk is the only Gospel that has
        uncontroversially 12 instances of dodeka. Unless, of
        course one argues to include Acts 26:7, then like Mt
        it equals 13. But who is to say what the code is?
        Perhaps, as in all cryptography, the code calls for
        adding one or subtracting one, or some other number.
        But if someone can work out a system that is
        consistent and has weight then it may have a
        possibility, if it can be shown that 1st century
        authors did this sort of thing with numbers. The
        syllogism codes od AEIO propositions is very ancient
        and would seem to me to be more logical.

        Best regards,
        John N. Lupia, III

        John N. Lupia, III
        Beachwood, New Jersey 08722 USA
        Fax: (732) 349-3910
        God Bless America

        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • rickr2889
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 8, 2005
          Unlike the text of Mark which is Pauline in content, no one had an
          interest in changing Luke's text, which represents one of the
          factions Mark warned against.

          Rick