954Re: [Synoptic-L] Transliterating Greek, Hebrew, Coptic, etc.

  • Horace Jeffery Hodges
    Jan 2, 2008
      Greek, thank, but also:

      "Transliterating Greek, Hebrew, Coptic, etc."

      I had that in the subject heading, but I can imagine that it's not so obvious that I wouldn't be overlooked. (Also Syriac.)

      Jeffery Hodges

      Joseph Weaks <j.weaks@...> wrote:
      I'm guessing you mean Greek transliteration schemes?

      Here are some options:
      The suggested transliteration scheme for the B-Greek e-list:
      http://www.ibiblio.org/bgreek/transliteration.txt

      The full tables of the Text Criticism e-journal:
      http://rosetta.reltech.org/TC/TC-translit.html

      The description further of BetaCode Greek
      http://www.cs.utk.edu/~mclennan/OM/Beta-codes.html

      I would also encourage you to have a look at the very well done
      transliteration work by OakTree:
      http://www.accordancebible.com/resources/pdf/fonts.pdf
      specifically with their Rosetta font designed just for Greek/Hebrew
      transliteration.

      Rev. Joseph A. Weaks
      Minister, Raytown Christian Church
      Ph.D. Candidate, Brite Divinity School, TCU

      On Jan 3, 2008, at 12:25 AM, Horace Jeffery Hodges wrote:

      > Could someone direct me to a website with transliteration tables?
      > I've been Googling around without finding any standard, professional
      > ones.
      >
      > Jeffery Hodges

      Synoptic-L homepage: http://NTGateway.com/synoptic-l
      Yahoo! Groups Links