4955RE: [Synoptic-L] Re: Cutting off the High Priest's Slave's Ear

  • Greg Crawford
    Sep 23, 2013

      Perhaps the meaning of the event is much closer to the surface. It would seem a recurrent theme along the road to Jerusalem was that the disciples could not come to terms with the fact that Jesus was not a military messiah. After all, what messiah had not been a military leader until Jesus? If Jesus is travelling to Jerusalem for a showdown, the disciples would naturally think in military terms. Surely the power of the one who exercised a ministry in Galilee would enable them to overcome any kind of military deployment.

      As for the failure to identify Peter as the culprit, I would not be grateful in his shoes if anyone did that before I had died.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic