4848RE: [Synoptic-L] How many verses in the Songerguts, Triple or Double Traditions, etc.

    May 10, 2013
      So far, such replies as I have seen (thank you) concentrate on word counts. These will, of course, vary depending on
      which variants are or are not counted, and so there really is no single answer. However, for my purposes word counts are
      (at the moment at least) taking me down into detail I don't need, and so for now I'm concentrating just on verses. If
      this proves unsatisfactory, I'm going to drop down to clauses (I think). Anyway, for now these are the verse counts
      (round numbers) I'm using for Luke, and if anyone cares to comment or suggest other numbers, I'm all ears (or eyes!):

      Total Luke: 1150

      Unique to Luke: 550

      Luke/Matthew only: 200

      Luke/Mark only: 70

      Luke/Matthew/Mark: 330

      David Inglis, Lafayette, CA, 94549, USA

      https://sites.google.com/site/inglisonmarcion/

      From: Bruce

      David Inglis asks if there is a consensus on verse counts for single, double, or triple tradition verses. I should
      suppose that the only real consensus in this area consists in the (Eusebian?) numbering of verses, and gets vaguer when
      one goes higher up. (And even that numbering is sometimes problematic).