4789Re: [Synoptic-L] Mk 2:27: A Western Non-Interpolation or not?

    Feb 8, 2013
      As far as the phrase 'Son of man' is concerned, it seems to me likely that
      the great majority of Markan occurrences are in passages created by Mark
      (the exceptions being in 8:38 and 13:26, loosely based on the logia, and
      9:12 and 14:62, both part of late interpolations). This assessment of the
      majority of the Markan Son of man passages is based on seeing how well they
      match the perceived purpose of the author, and on how anomalous they would
      be in various ways if taken as pure historical accounts.

      Thus I see 2:27b-28 not as a translation, but as a Markan creation. The
      question of whether verse 28 is translated correctly is surely based on the
      flawed assumption of Markan lack of creativity.