4634Re: [Synoptic-L] Variant in Lukan version of LP

  • will
    Dec 2, 2012
      There aren't any "You petitions or We petitions" in the prayers of Enoch and the
      Angel [found in 1 Enoch] either.

      The phrase "Hallowed be Thy name" occurs at the beginning of the Enochian prayer
      [61.12] and "thy will be done" seems to me to be implied in the phrase "so shall
      it be unto thee" [71.15].

      So, is it possible that the original "first edition" of Jesus's "Lord's prayer"
      is connected with Enoch?

      --------------------------------------
      [Enoch says]
      God,
      61.12: We bless, and glorify, and extol, and hallow Thy blessed name,
      We glorify and bless Thy name for ever and ever.

      61.13: For great is the mercy of God, and He is long-suffering,
      And all His works and all that He has created
      He has revealed to the righteous and elect In the name of God.

      [The Angel says]
      71.14: This [Enoch] is the Son of Man who is born unto righteousness,
      And righteousness abides over him,
      And the righteousness of the Head of Days forsakes him not.

      71.15: He proclaims unto thee peace in the name of Heaven,
      For from hence has proceeded peace since the creation of the world,
      And so shall it be unto thee for ever and for ever and ever.

      71.16: And all shall walk in his ways since righteousness never forsakes him:
      With him will be their dwelling-places, and with him their heritage,
      And they shall not be separated from him for ever and ever and ever.

      71.17: And so there shall be eternal life with that Son of Man [Enoch],
      And the righteous shall have peace and an upright way
      In the name of God for ever and ever.

      REF: The Book of Enoch - R. H. Charles

      William Penrhiw
      Cardiff, UK