4456RE: [Synoptic-L] Length of Luke (and Acts)

    Aug 4, 2012
      To: Synoptic
      On: Stylometrics
      From: Bruce

      In view of David's recent disclaimer, I am perfectly willing to assume sole
      ownership of the following principle:

      "Stylometric indicators tend to be sensitive for style, but less so for
      authorship, a matter for which they were not designed."

      To which, as sole owner, I would add the following (adapted from the same
      previous note):

      "Use of stylometric methods to investigate authorship questions is in
      principle a misapplication, and the results should always be interpreted
      with appropriate reticence."