4454RE: [Synoptic-L] Length of Luke (and Acts)

  • Patricia Walters
    Aug 4, 2012
      E: In view of the uniformly and knowledgeably negative response which
      Patricia
      Walters received at her SBL presentation on Luke-Acts recently, I
      respectfully doubt whether her conclusions can be accepted forthwith as
      "demonstrated."

      Walters: With all due respect, I cannot let this pass. I would be
      interested to know whether you were at my presentation, E. Mikeal Parsons
      was not convinced by my research, that is true. But, I count David E. Aune
      and Thomas H. Tobin, S.J., and Richard I. Pervo as experts -- and they
      were/are convinced. It is a controversial subject, since few have
      challenged the assumption of unitary authorship. Be careful of speaking to
      research you may not know enough about...

      Patricia Walters
      Rockford College

      --

      "To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the
      affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and