      From: Synoptic@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Synoptic@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Mealand
      Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2012 9:24 AM
      To: Synoptic@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [Synoptic-L] Length of Luke (and Acts)

      Bruce claims I said
      ---------
      stylometric indicators tend to be sensitive for style, but less so for authorship, a matter for which they were not designed.
      --------
      Not so. What I said was that stylometric tests tend to note genre differences as more prominent than source or author differences. Tests have to be structured to allow for this.

      I have no idea what people may have said at SBL. My point is that my tests corroborated Walters' findings, giving support I had not expected to a view towards which I had previously been resistant. I have read some of the reviews of the book and noted that most of the points made in resistance to the critique of Lukan authorship of Acts did not deal with the tests reported, but appealed to matters
      such as similar themes in both works, a line of argument I find particularly unconvincing but not surprising.