4452RE: [Synoptic-L] Length of Luke (and Acts)

    Aug 4, 2012
      Bruce claims I said
      ---------
      stylometric indicators tend to be sensitive for style,
      but less so for authorship, a matter for which they were
      not designed.
      --------

      Not so. What I said was that stylometric tests tend to
      note genre differences as more prominent than source or
      author differences. Tests have to be structured to allow
      for this.

      I have no idea what people may have said at SBL.
      My point is that my tests corroborated Walters' findings,
      giving support I had not expected to a view towards which
      I had previously been resistant. I have read some of the
      reviews of the book and noted that most of the points made
      in resistance to the critique of Lukan authorship of Acts
      did not deal with the tests reported, but appealed to matters
      such as similar themes in both works, a line of argument I
      find particularly unconvincing but not surprising.