      To: Synoptic@yahoogroups.com
      From: ron-price@...
      Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2012 10:40:29 +0000
      Subject: RE: [Synoptic-L] Whoever is not with me is against me

      On 04/02/2012 10:16, "Dennis Goffin" <d.goffin@...> wrote:

      > I am unable to go along with Ron's idea that a collection of aphorisms,

      > similar presumably in essence to the socalled Gospel of Thomas can tell us

      > anything other than that, like Thomas, oral sources got written down on more

      > than one occasion, but like Thomas, the result is often not more than a ragbag

      > with no major significance.

      Dennis, Bruce et al.,

      The result in the case of the logia is no ragbag. Rather it is a very

      carefully crafted piece of poetry, as you can see if you look at the web

      page below.

      More importantly, historians know nothing about the author/editor of GTh,

      except possibly his name. On the other hand, the logia was edited by an

      apostle called Matthew, no doubt with the full authority of James the

      brother of Jesus. Therefore it gives us a unique insight into the beliefs of

      the early Jesus movement ca. 45 CE before Paul came along and utterly

      transformed it.

      http://homepage.virgin.net/ron.price/syno_sQet.html