3447RE: [Synoptic-L] A modified 3SH theory

    Jul 1, 2011
      Mark Matson:

      2. If you modify your proposition #4 (perhaps collapse it with #5) to allow
      for various additional sources that might be either written or oral (without
      any pre-condition that it is a unified document), you essentially have the
      position many of us who are attracted to the Farrer theory hold.

      David Inglis:

      Mark, I'm having trouble understanding your point. My analysis is telling me
      that both Mt and Lk had access to some common written material that is not
      part of Mk. Whether this was a single document, multiple notebooks, etc. is
      impossible to tell, as is the question of whether any of the Mt or Lk
      sondergut material came from written material that they did not have in
      common. However, as soon as you allow for Mt and Lk to have ANY common
      written material not in Mk (which I do), then surely you're no longer in FH
      territory, aren't you? So, are you suggesting that there is some sort of
      'sliding scale' between the FH and 3SH, with you close to the FH end, and me
      perhaps somewhere between you and the 3SH?