2901Re: [Synoptic-L] RSV Committee

  • Stephen Carlson
    Jan 3, 2011
      On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM, E Bruce Brooks <brooks@...>wrote:

      > Can anyone provide a full and authoritative list of the NT committee for
      > the project that produced the RSV, about half a century agone? I have come
      > across some individual names in the course of other things (Fred Grant was
      > one, and a student of his still remembers the room where the Committee used
      > to meet), but I am having an unexpectedly hard time identifying the others.

      This web page has a list and cites an apparently authoritative source:

      <http://www.bible-researcher.com/rsv.html>According to the web page, the
      members of the NT committee, before 1952, included:

      - Luther A. Weigle, Yale University, Chairman.
      - James Moffatt, Union Theological Seminary, Executive Secretary. (died
      - Henry J. Cadbury, Harvard University.
      - Edgar J. Goodspeed, University of Chicago.
      - Walter Russell Bowie, Union Theological Seminary.
      - Frederick C. Grant, Union Theological Seminary.
      - Millar Burrows, Yale University. (joined 1938)
      - Clarence T. Craig, Oberlin Graduate School of Theology.
      - Abdel R. Wentz, Lutheran Theological Seminary, Gettysburg.

      Stephen Carlson
      Stephen C. Carlson
      Graduate Program in Religion
      Duke University