2901Re: [Synoptic-L] RSV Committee
- Jan 3, 2011On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:00 AM, E Bruce Brooks <brooks@...>wrote:
> Can anyone provide a full and authoritative list of the NT committee forThis web page has a list and cites an apparently authoritative source:
> the project that produced the RSV, about half a century agone? I have come
> across some individual names in the course of other things (Fred Grant was
> one, and a student of his still remembers the room where the Committee used
> to meet), but I am having an unexpectedly hard time identifying the others.
<http://www.bible-researcher.com/rsv.html>According to the web page, the
members of the NT committee, before 1952, included:
- Luther A. Weigle, Yale University, Chairman.
- James Moffatt, Union Theological Seminary, Executive Secretary. (died
- Henry J. Cadbury, Harvard University.
- Edgar J. Goodspeed, University of Chicago.
- Walter Russell Bowie, Union Theological Seminary.
- Frederick C. Grant, Union Theological Seminary.
- Millar Burrows, Yale University. (joined 1938)
- Clarence T. Craig, Oberlin Graduate School of Theology.
- Abdel R. Wentz, Lutheran Theological Seminary, Gettysburg.
Stephen C. Carlson
Graduate Program in Religion
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>