2781Re: [Synoptic-L] Re: [XTalk] The Great Omission

  • Bob Schacht
    Aug 3, 2010
      At 10:23 AM 8/3/2010, E Bruce Brooks wrote:
      >...Perhaps the key question, with Streeter's and my view of the Omission, is:
      >Can a codex hypothesis be framed such that the Omission lies on a finite
      >number of leaves, and also so that the preceding material begins, as it
      >must, at the top of a recto page? The answer is Yes. Several attempts have
      >been made to show this. One such attempt made years ago on this family of
      >E-lists seemed to me to be flawed in detail. A less flawed construct (to my
      >mind) is possible, but I have so far not been able to place that paper with
      >any of the SBL groups which might have hosted it. It too will eventually
      >appear, though it seems not earlier than 2012....

      Your discussion intrigues me, but perhaps out of ignorance. Please
      provide greater detail, or at least references, on the "Several attempts have
      been made to show this."

      And how do you respond to Dennis Goffin's reply?

      Bob Schacht
      Northern Arizona University