2759Re: Re: [Synoptic-L] THE CHRISTOLOGY OF ACTS

    Jun 30, 2010

      This paraphrase obscures the problem.  If we were to paraphrase the two phrases the same way, then the church would have been purchased by Jesus' damnation.  Is that what we think is meant?

      --- On Wed, 6/30/10, Dennis Goffin <dgoffin@...> wrote:

      Looking at this passage in the New Living Translation, I think it brings out the sense a lot better.

      20:26 Let me say plainly that I have been faithful. No one's damnation can be blamed on me,

      20:27 for I didn't shrink from declaring all that God wants for you.

      20:28 And now beware! Be sure that you feed and shepherd God's flock - his church, purchased with his blood - over whom the Holy Spirit has appointed you as elders.

      Does this remove the problem ?