151Re: [Synoptic-L] Re: Mt/Lk agreements in order against Mk

  • Mark Goodacre
    Aug 3, 2005
      On 03/08/05, Wieland Willker <willker@...-bremen.de> wrote:

      > I have read the article now and have to conclude that there are NO
      > "major agreements in order" of Mt and Lk against Mk.
      > Sanders lists four instances, all consist of only one verse. But three
      > of them are from Mark/Q overlap, so it is possible that they are not
      > from Mk.

      The difficulty here is that you are invoking a proposed solution to
      the problem (that Mark and Q overlap) as part of your statement of the
      data. Mark-Q overlap has been a particular difficulty in this area --
      Mark-Q overlap has become so accepted a part of the standard solution
      to the Synoptic Problem that it is regularly presented as a means of
      describing the data. I argue in various places that one should not
      talk about Mark-Q overlaps when one is describing the data; rather,
      one should talk about major agreements between Matthew and Luke
      against Mark.

      Mark
      --
      Dr Mark Goodacre mailto:Goodacre@...