135Re: Mt/Lk agreements in order against Mk

  • Wieland Willker
    Aug 2, 2005
      > >> Where are the "major agreements in order" of Mt and Lk
      > >> against Mk?
      >
      > This was discussed in E. P. Sanders, "The Argument from
      > Order and the Relationship Between Matthew and Like," New
      > Testament Studies 15 (1968-69): 249-61

      I have read the article now and have to conclude that there are NO
      "major agreements in order" of Mt and Lk against Mk.
      Sanders lists four instances, all consist of only one verse. But three
      of them are from Mark/Q overlap, so it is possible that they are not
      from Mk. We are therefore left with only one single verse (Mt 3:2/Lk
      3:3), where both place John's call to repentance before the Isaiah
      quotation, while Mk places it after.
      I don't think that one can build anything on this.

      Best wishes
      Wieland
      <><
      Wieland Willker, Bremen, Germany