[Excavating-Q] After the excavation...

  • James Warren
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2000
      Although the Q material common to Luke and Matthew has
      been out in the open air for decades, its existence and effect
      on traditional mainline "Bible Study" has been pathetically
      negligible. This "new" information does not fit the standard
      approaches and thus does not seem to be gaining a foothold
      in popular areas of study and faith. My question is not so
      much why this is so (the entrenchment of American
      fundamentalist apologetic habits is one reason, I believe) but
      more about what can one do introducting this basic "Rosetta
      Stone" into biblical literacy in an effective (non-alienating) and
      useful way?

      Thank you for your availability!

      Respectfully,
      James Warren
      Des Moines WA

      This is the _Excavating Q_ Seminar (Oct. 23-Nov. 10 2000).