20279Re: [SMS-Worldwide] alpine swift sumiswald

  • Jaap Langenbach
    Jun 18, 2017

      Hi all,

      For those who did not know yet about my list of webcams: http://members.ziggo.nl/jaaplangenbach/webcams.html .

      It can be seen that almost all 25 or more nests have chics now.

      A 4 eggs nest is empty now and at another nestwith 4 eggs breeding is going on. But not today, its' s too hot in Freiburg I suppose.

      Vriendelijke groet,
      Jaap Langenbach, Kemperstraat 8, 3601 WK Maarssen
      http://members.ziggo.nl/jaaplangenbach/Gierzwaluwen.html
      https://twitter.com/ApusNL
      """"""""""""""""""

      Op 18-6-2017 om 12:01 schreef Anthony Green anthony@... [Swallows-Martins-Swifts-Worldwide]:

      Just watching at the 12 o'clock chimes.
      I was far more bothered than the brooding adult who did not even seem to flinch!

      Thanks for the link

      Anthony Green
      viale Grotta della Regina 40
      70126 Bari - Torre a Mare (BA) - Italy
      Tel: +39 080 5433228
      Skype: anthonygreen5831

      On 18 June 2017 at 11:34, swiftsamsterdam@... [Swallows-Martins-Swifts-Worldwide] <Swallows-Martins-Swifts-Worldwide@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      After the disastrous news of the removing the sidewalk of the Alange dam in the Extremadura  with the amazing huge colony of over 150 pairs alpine swifts breeding under it (which I visited in its original state last year) , now some good news on the alpine swift in Sumiswald, east of Bern Switzerland

      Today, June 18 2017, the first alpine swift egg out of 3 hatched (Half the outside the was blown away by the wind) The young are fed for 60 ! days on the nest  So they'll fledge in the third week of August

      The nest entrance was made by drilling holes in sandstone of the church after the birds disappeard in 1985, now 3 pairs breed in the attic above a very loud churchbell (every quarter of an hour!) and more behind the dial plates of the towerclocks

      webcam   http://stream2.breitband.ch: 8080/alpensegler/

      This year  a second camera was installed looking at a nest behind the plate of the church tower of Sumiswald:   http://stream2.breitband.ch: 8080/alpensegler2/

      Evert Pellenkoft,  Amsterdam