Over $900 to go to the Tamworth/Sandwich Community Food Center!

  • Lianne
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 15, 2012
      The Community School is proud to announce that over $900 was raised at our Empty Bowls lunch for the Community Food Center at St. Andrew's Church, which provides meals, food, and toiletries for folks in Sandwich and Tamworth.

      Thanks to the talented potters who made and donated bowls for this meal: Myles Grinstead, Mary Jeanne Luckey, Milan McNall, Anthony Marrone, Suzanne Weil, and the students at TCS. Thanks to Karl Behr for raising and donating chickens for the soup, and Fred Bickford, the Booty Farm, Maple Moon Farm, Locke Falls Farm, Green Thumb Farm, Mad Hen Farm, Robert Behr, Merrifield Farm, Melinda Heimlich, White Gates Farm, Harbor Fish, Moulton Farm, Stanton Brook Farm, and Una Moneypenny for growing or providing the other soup and stew ingredients. Thanks also to our tireless cook, Kim Grace, who donated her time for this meal. An especially hearty thank you goes to the more than 60 people who came to this lunch, joined the conversation and community, and donated generously so that our food center can continue on with its good work.

      Lianne Prentice