A Couple Questions:

  • generalm5
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2002
      I have a couple questions Im hoping someone can help me with;
      1:Mega-map-if I nuke a territory and it eliminates all the 'armies'
      do I automatically get to occupy that territory or does the defender
      get a chance to reinforce it?.

      2:With the unconvetional forces if a saboteur attack leaves a
      territory empty what happens? I assume the occupier would get to
      reinforce it.

      3:What happens if a territory is left empty for example during stage
      four. Can a player occupy it when hes reinforcing or would he attack
      it using the 'militia rule'.Or during the move stage can a player
      simply move into an empty territory?

      Okay so its more than a couple questions(hehe), but any help or
      clarification would be appreciated, thanks Gord
    • Scott
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
        --- In Supremacy@y..., "generalm5" <gbmunro@e...> wrote:

        > I have a couple questions Im hoping someone can help me with;
        > 1:Mega-map-if I nuke a territory and it eliminates all the 'armies'
        > do I automatically get to occupy that territory or does the defender
        > get a chance to reinforce it?.

        It's not part of the Battle Drill for Conventional Forces, which
        means that there's no conventional attack, hence no opportunity to
        move conventional forces in during the Attack Stage. I think you'd
        use the rules for occupying a neutron-bombed territory, on page 82 of
        the Mega Supremacy rules: the attacked has to occupy during the Move
        Stage (which, yes, forces him to play both stages), but no one else
        can occupy the territory (including the erstwhile defender) until the
        attacker declines to do so during his turn (others have to wait until
        the next turn).

        > 2:With the unconvetional forces if a saboteur attack leaves a
        > territory empty what happens? I assume the occupier would get to
        > reinforce it.

        An uncoventional forces attack is secret and therefore not an
        "attack"--so, no counterattack, but no occupation either.

        > 3:What happens if a territory is left empty for example during stage
        > four. Can a player occupy it when hes reinforcing or would he attack
        > it using the 'militia rule'.Or during the move stage can a player
        > simply move into an empty territory?

        If it's not yours you have to attack it, and face the militia--see
        page 64 of the Mega Supremacy rules.

        Scott Orr
      • generalm5
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
          First of all thanks for the help Scott. I just need to clarify a few
          points;

          --- In Supremacy@y..., "Scott" <sdorr@i...> wrote:
          > --- In Supremacy@y..., "generalm5" <gbmunro@e...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I have a couple questions Im hoping someone can help me with;
          > > 1:Mega-map-if I nuke a territory and it eliminates all
          the 'armies'
          > > do I automatically get to occupy that territory or does the
          defender
          > > get a chance to reinforce it?.
          >
          > It's not part of the Battle Drill for Conventional Forces, which
          > means that there's no conventional attack, hence no opportunity to
          > move conventional forces in during the Attack Stage. I think you'd
          > use the rules for occupying a neutron-bombed territory, on page 82
          of
          > the Mega Supremacy rules: the attacked has to occupy during the
          Move
          > Stage (which, yes, forces him to play both stages), but no one else
          > can occupy the territory (including the erstwhile defender) until
          the
          > attacker declines to do so during his turn (others have to wait
          until
          > the next turn).
          > >
          > > 2:With the unconvetional forces if a saboteur attack leaves a
          > > territory empty what happens? I assume the occupier would get to
          > > reinforce it.
          > >
          > An uncoventional forces attack is secret and therefore not an
          > "attack"--so, no counterattack, but no occupation either.

          Im sorry I didnt make myself clear... what I meant was what is the
          status of a territory left empty after a saboteur event? Is the
          previous controlling superpower allowed to reinforce/collect tribute,
          etc., or is it now covered under the rule below for example?

          > > 3:What happens if a territory is left empty for example during
          stage
          > > four. Can a player occupy it when hes reinforcing or would he
          attack
          > > it using the 'militia rule'.Or during the move stage can a player
          > > simply move into an empty territory?

          Could a player use this rule to attack a territory that has been left
          empty as a result a nuclear attack as in the case in example 1 above,
          or is such a terrotory 'out of bounds' so to speak until the move
          stage?

          > If it's not yours you have to attack it, and face the militia--see
          > page 64 of the Mega Supremacy rules.
          >
          > Scott Orr
        • Scott David Orr
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2002
            At 12:55 AM 11/6/02 +0000, generalm5 wrote:

            > > An uncoventional forces attack is secret and therefore not an
            > > "attack"--so, no counterattack, but no occupation either.
            >
            >Im sorry I didnt make myself clear... what I meant was what is the
            >status of a territory left empty after a saboteur event? Is the
            >previous controlling superpower allowed to reinforce/collect tribute,
            >etc., or is it now covered under the rule below for example?

            An empty territory is not an unowned territory--for a territory to change
            ownership it has to be attacked. (Optionally, you could allow players to
            trade territories, but otherwise, it requires an attack--and I don't think
            I'd let players trade home territories.) So yes, you'd have to use the
            "Attacking an Empty Territory" rule.

            > > > 3:What happens if a territory is left empty for example during
            >stage
            > > > four. Can a player occupy it when hes reinforcing or would he
            >attack
            > > > it using the 'militia rule'.Or during the move stage can a player
            > > > simply move into an empty territory?
            >
            >Could a player use this rule to attack a territory that has been left
            >empty as a result a nuclear attack as in the case in example 1 above,
            >or is such a terrotory 'out of bounds' so to speak until the move
            >stage?

            That's a tough one. I'd say no, since the the occupation rule for neutron
            bombs says that no other player can occupy the zone; if you play it
            otherwise, it's far too easy for someone else to grab the territory before
            the player gets it. Mind you, the rule could be interpeted to mean that
            only the attacking player can occupy the territory during Stage 5.

            I don't actually recall this rule (I'm not sure I've ever played with
            neutron bombs), but it strikes me as peculiar, since it delays the
            occupation in a very unnatural way, and forces you to play an extra
            stage. If I were rewriting the rules, this would be a prime candidate for
            change.

            Scott Orr