ICQ Groups is up and running

  • Jeff Pawlowski
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2000
      http://groups.icq.com/Games/group.asp?no=1538371

      1. Go to http://www.icq.com and download the software. This software
      is a "chat" program, very similar to AOL Instant Messenger.

      2. Register a new ICQ number. These are unique numbers. They are
      free and fairly anonymous. They only have information that you give
      them. Remember your Password.

      3. Go to the link at the very top of this page. Enter your new
      number and password to register and log into the site and join the
      group.

      We only have six members, so far. I hope to maintain the Deja.com
      community by moving it things there. I also hope that ICQ can keep
      everyone in more direct contact.

      Jeff Pawlowski
      former founder of Deja.com Supremacy
    • David Stidham
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2000
        Ulrik;

        I receive the same "Unknown Error" message from ICQ when I try to join the
        group -- even when trying to log into the ICQ Groups/Community I receive it.
        So, the problem is with ICQ, not you. Try again tomorrow and see if they
        get their problem ironed out...that's what I'm going to do.

        David Stidham
        ICQ 13951821